“The ISSP presents the overall strategic plan for the development and implementation of information systems, the use of ICT, as well as the corresponding resource requirements over a fixed long-term period (planning horizon). The ISSP is considered as a tool to ensure ICT application in strategic areas of government concern. “-NCC Memorandum Circular No. 2003-02 – Prescribing a Standard Template for the Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP)
One of the goals of MITHI is better integration and greater correspondence and correlation between the Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP) and the budget documents, so as to ensure that plans have adequate budget support, and that the budget is translated into actual implementation. In view of the foregoing, MITHI will be utilizing a Streamlined ISSP Template.
The streamlined ISSP shall result to better integration, greater correspondence and correlation between the Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP) and the budget documents of each agency across the government.
In view of the Streamlined ISSP, the following important points were discussed during the fora:
- The Streamlined ISSP shall be mandatory on all agencies.
- Agencies with existing ISSPs shall likewise translate the same into the streamlined format.
- All existing and proposed ICT-related resources, programs, and projects, and their resource requirements, shall be included in the agency ISSP. Likewise, all ICT-pertinent budgetary requests shall be included in the agency budget proposals.
- For purposes of information: For the two fiscal years subsequent to FY 2015, i.e. FY 2016 and FY 2017, an updated development plan shall be submitted instead. The annual development plan shall report results on and highlight changes to the ISSP submitted pursuant to this JMC. Further guidelines on the foregoing shall be issued in the future.
- It is recognized that the Streamlined ISSP is a novel endeavor which needs adjustment to, and that an ISSP inherently requires an appreciable interval of time in order that it may be properly formulated.
- Consequently, agencies may prioritize items pertinent to FY 2015 (vis-à-vis those for FY 2016 and FY 2017), and the same shall be accepted as sufficient bases for evaluation.
- The immediately preceding concession notwithstanding, the complete ISSP must be submitted as required by this Circular on or before November 28, 2013.
- Failing this, related approved budgetary items pertinent to the agency shall be withdrawn, if still possible; if not, any related release shall be precluded.
Here’s the streamlined ISSP Process Flow, Template and its other Annexes:
- Annex A-1: Sample Diagram of a Department/Agency and its Environment
- Annex A-2: Sample Conceptual Framework of Information Systems
- Annex A-3: Catalogue of Shared Services
- Annex A-4: Sample Network Layout
- Annex A-5: ICT Infrastructure Inventory
- Annex A-6: ICT Pertinent Expenditure Items
For questions/comments/clarifications regarding the ISSP please contact at DOST-ICTO and look for Ms. Nora H. Arreco, OIC, ISSP Review Group at telephone numbers 920-74-13, 925-3697 or 920-0101 local 3813 or send email to email@example.com.