Medium-Term Information and Communications Technology Harmonization Initiative
What is MITHI?
MITHI is an e-Government and ICT support initiative that aims to harmonize and ensure interoperability among ICT-related resources, programs, and projects across the government.
The convenor agencies are the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), Department of Science and Technology (DOST), and National Economic Development Authority (NEDA), by virtue of their collective and complementary mandates .
The National Competitiveness Council (NCC), the Chief Information Officers Forum, Inc. (CIOF), and the Philippine Association of Government Electronic Engineers, Inc. (PAGE) are also participating in an advisory capacity on technical matters.
The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) is mandated to promote the sound, efficient and effective management and utilization of government resources;
The Department of Science and Technology-Information – Information and Communications Technology Office (DOST-ICTO) is mandated to ensure the provision of efficient and effective Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure, information systems and resources to support transparent and accountable governance and, enforcement of rules and delivery of accessible public services to the people; and
The National Economic Development Authority (NEDA), responsible for coordinating the formulation of continuing and integrated development plans, including the formulation of annual and medium-term public investment programs and the monitoring and evaluation of plan implementation.
The Participating Agencies shall be comprised of all Departments, Agencies, State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), Government-Owned or-Controlled Corporations (GOCCs); and also Congress, the Judiciary, Constitutional Commissions and the Office of the Ombudsman whose faithful participation are likewise anticipated.
What is the Scope of MITHI?
As to Subject
- All ICT-related resources, programs, and projects shall be a part of the harmonization effort of MITHI.
- ICT-related resources, programs, and projects shall be understood in their conventional meaning, which shall be for the Participating Agencies to ascribe, and for the Steering Committee to decide with finality.
As to Program/Project
- Both on-going/existing and proposed/new ICT programs and projects will be processed through MITHI.
- All ICT programs and projects, regardless of fund source shall be part of the harmonization effort.
As to Period
- The current MITHI will be based on a medium-term projection covering FYs 2014 to 2016.
- Monitoring of approved programs and projects shall be continuous. The outputs of MITHI will be re-evaluated in FY 2015 and FY 2016 to ensure that milestone set are being met and that objectives promised are being fulfilled.
Through MITHI, the Government will be able to…
- More objectively identify which ICT programs and projects to prioritize;
- Harmonize ICT procurement and usage;
- Take better advantage of economies of scale and promote synergies of interoperability; and
- Ensure that ICT programs and projects are aligned with the 5 KRAs of the Administration
What is the Outcome of MITHI?
A digitally-enabled, responsive and accessible government.